Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Sales Crediting >
Example Process for Sales Crediting
The following section describes the process an administrator follows to set up Sales Crediting. Your company may follow a different process according to its requirements.
The compensation administrator can perform the following procedures.
- Sets up and approves sales hierarchies and versions. Before sales crediting operations begin, the administrator sets up and approves sales hierarchies and versions in the organization in which the sales crediting engine is to run. For more information, see Sales Hierarchies.
- Restarts sales crediting engine. If changes are made to sales hierarchies or versions, the administrator restarts the sales crediting engine. For more information, see Restarting the Sales Crediting Engine.
- Enables Server Component Group. The administrator verifies that the Credit Assignment server component group is enabled. For more information, see Verifying Credit Assignment Component Group Enabled.
- Runs Rule Manager Business Service. The administrator runs the Incentive Compensation Rule Manager Business Service to convert Sales Crediting rules into Assignment Manager rules. For more information, see Running the Rule Manager Business Service.
- Sets up server maps. The administrator sets up the Assignment Manager Server Key Map. For more information, see Setting Up Assignment Manager Server Maps.
- Defines credit rules and allocation. The administrator defines sales credit rule, criteria for the rules, and specifies the credit allocation. For more information, see Defining Sales Credit Rules Criteria and Allocation.
- Changes credit assignment rules. If necessary, the administrator modifies the sales credit assignment rules. For more information, see Modifying a Sales Credit Assignment Rule.
- Starts credit assignment process. For more information, see Running Sales Credit Assignment Processing.
- Corrects credit allocation. If necessary, the administrator modifies the sales credit allocation. For more information, see Correcting an Over- or Under-Credit Allocation.
- Investigates crediting problems. The administrator resolves sales crediting problems. For more information, see Troubleshooting Sales Crediting Errors.