Replace the Battery
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing the Battery.
- Use a No. 1 Phillips screwdriver to remove the eight screws that secure
the C-shaped brackets at the rear sides of the switch chassis.
- Remove the eight screws that secure the long front brackets at the front
sides of the switch chassis.
- Remove the 16 screws that secure the top cover to the chassis.
There are five screws on each side and six screws across the top
front of the cover.
- Slide the cover forward and lift it off.
- Depress the clip that retains the battery and release the battery from the
- Properly dispose of the old battery.
- Unwrap the replacement battery from its antistatic packaging.
- Install the replacement battery into the main board with the + side up.
- Orient the cover over the chassis and lower it in to place.
- Slide the cover rearward so that it engages at the rear panel.
Ensure that the screw holes in the cover align with the holes in
- Use a No. 1 Phillips screwdriver to install the 16 screws that secure
the cover to the chassis.
- Use eight screws to attach the two long front brackets to the front
sides of the chassis.
- Use eight screws to attach the two C-shaped brackets to the rear sides
of the chassis.
- Install the switch into the rack.
See Installing the Switch.