Install a Fan
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing Fans.
- Inspect the replacement fan.
See Inspecting a Fan.
- Verify that the slot where the fan installs is clean and free of
- Verify that the slot connector pins are straight and not missing.
- Orient the fan over the opening in the switch chassis with the thumbscrew
on the right.
- Firmly slide the fan into the chassis until the fan stops.
The fan might immediately power on.
- Tighten the captive thumbscrew to secure the fan in the switch chassis.
- Verify that the fan Attention LED goes out.
- Use the getfanspeed command on the management controller to verify the fan’s operation.
For example, to check the fans:
Fan 0 not present
Fan 1 running at rpm 11212
Fan 2 running at rpm 11313
Fan 3 running at rpm 11521
Fan 4 not present
Note - You should see a fan speed for the fan you just installed.