Remove an InfiniBand Cable
This procedure describes how to remove the cables from the switch chassis, so
that you can replace the cable. If you are removing all cables for
switch replacement, start removing the cables from the left side of the switch,
working your way to the right.
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing InfiniBand Cables.
- Loosen the thumbscrews and remove the cover for the cable management bracket.
- Locate the cable to be removed.
- Grasp the cable connector to support its weight and apply the removal force.
- Pull on the retractor strap while simultaneously pulling on the cable connector.
The cable connector comes free.
- Carefully move the cable out of the cable management hardware.
- Open hook-and-loop fasteners from bundles and securing hard points to gently lower the
cable to the floor.
Caution - Do not allow the cable to drop or strike the floor. Jerking, bending,
pulling on, or dropping the cable can damage the cable.
- Consider your next steps: