Remove a Fan
Note - Fans are hot-swappable and do not require powering off. Additionally, if there are
fewer than two operational fans, the switch shuts down to prevent thermal overload.
- Identify the prerequisite and subsequent service tasks you must perform in conjunction with this
See Servicing Fans.
- Determine which fan is to be removed.
If a fan has failed, its Attention LED lights.
- Loosen the captive thumbscrew at the right side of the fan.
- Grasp the handle and pull the fan straight out.
- Set the fan aside.
- Consider your next steps:
- If you are removing the fan for replacement, install a new fan.
See Install a Fan.
- If you are removing the fan and not replacing it, you are finished.