How to Prepare the Server for Operation
Use this procedure to prepare the server for operation.
Caution - Possible component damage. The use of liquids or spray cleaners within the interior
of the server can cause component damage. Do not use liquids or spray
cleaners to clean the interior of the server.
- Check to ensure that all parts are correctly and securely installed.
- Ensure that all cables are connected and secure within cable tie-downs.
- Remove all tools from the interior of the server.
- Remove dust from the interior of the server and air vents by
using a static-free brush and a vacuum or canned compressed air.
Do not use liquid or spray cleaners to clean the interior of
- Install the top cover. See How to Install the Cover.
- Install the front bezel. See How to Install the Front Bezel.
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Connect all cables to the server back panel.
- Attach the AC power cords to the server power supplies.
- If you replaced a component, you might need to update the component's FRU
information. See Updating Field-Replaceable Unit Information.