Modifying the Frequency for Server Discovery
By default the Sun Server Discovery Rules run every four hours. You can modify how frequently
the Sun Server Discovery Rules run for supported servers so that your Sun x86 servers can be
discovered with less delay. There is one Sun Server Discovery Rule for each supported server.
Change the frequency of discovery only when necessary. Running discovery returns a large
amount of data in a production environment with many monitored nodes.
Modify the Server Discovery Frequency Interval
- In the Operations Console, click Authoring.
- In the Authoring pane, under Management Pack Objects, click Object Discoveries.
The Object Discoveries list opens.
- Optionally, type Sun into the Look for text box and click Find Now.
This filters the Object Discoveries list to only show your Sun x86 servers.
- In the search results list, click the "Sun x86 server discovery" row.
- In the Actions panel, click Overrides > Override the Object Discovery > For all objects
of class: Windows Server.
Properties window opens.
- To adjust the discovery frequency (measured in seconds), modify the Interval Seconds
- To make the change permanent, click Apply.