Verify Operation of Slide-Rails and CMA
Use the following procedure to ensure that the slide-rails and CMA are operating correctly.
Note - Two people should perform this procedure: one to move the server in and
out of the rack, and one to observe the cables and CMA.
- To prevent the rack from tipping forward when the server is extended, extend all
rack anti-tilt devices.
Caution - To reduce the risk of personal injury, stabilize the rack cabinet and extend
all anti-tilt devices before extending the server from the rack.
For instructions for stabilizing the rack, see Stabilize the Rack for Installation.
- Slowly pull the server out of the rack until the slide-rails reach their
- Inspect the attached cables for any binding or kinks.
- Verify that the CMA extends fully with the slide-rails.
- To return the server to the rack:
- Simultaneously pull and hold the two green release tabs (one on each side
of of the server) toward the front of the server while you push
the server into the rack. As you push the server into the rack,
verify that the CMA retracts without binding.
Note - To pull the green release tab, place your finger in the center of
the tab, not on the end, and apply pressure as you pull the
tab toward the front of the server.
Figure 29 Location of Slide-Rail Release Tabs
- Continue pushing the server into the rack until the slide-rail locks (on the
front of the server) engage the slide-rail assemblies.
You will hear an audible click when the server is in the
normal rack position.
- Adjust the cable straps and the CMA, as required.