Getting started with the app
The steps below outline the recommended setup and configuration process for the Salesforce.com Integration app.
- Install the Salesforce.com Integration app. Once the app is installed, configuration settings for connections, actions, imports, and notifications can be found in the apps list. Go to Settings > Apps and click Configure to access the configuration settings.
- Create a connected app in Salesforce.
Configure one or more connections. Each connection can have multiple connected apps but only one can be active per connection.
Tip: If you are using the native Salesforce integration, you can migrate your assets to the Salesforce.com Integration app.
- Create actions. Actions are data transactions between Oracle Eloqua and Salesforce.
- Use step actions to create and update records to be used in a program or campaign.
- Use campaign actions to send campaign updates from an Oracle Eloqua campaign object to a custom object in Salesforce. One campaign update action can be active at a time.
Use response actions to send data to Salesforce based on response rules configured in your Oracle Eloqua instance. When a response occurs, Oracle Eloqua records the response based on priority and the response is sent to Salesforce.
- Create and schedule imports to import data from Salesforce to Oracle Eloqua periodically. The Salesforce.com Integration app executes imports every 15 minutes. If an import needs to be performed off schedule, it can be executed on demand.
- Use standard imports to import contact record data from Salesforce into Oracle Eloqua. The following imports are recommended: get leads, get contacts, get accounts.
- Use campaign imports to import custom object data from Salesforce into Oracle Eloqua campaigns to allow for bi-directional updates between the two applications.
- Export Eloqua-generated marketing activities to synchronize data with a Salesforce connection
- Setup email notifications to be alerted if there are problems with your imports or actions.
- Review your reports. The Salesforce.com Integration app provides reporting on the records being sent between Eloqua and Salesforce.
- Use the app in a campaign or program to update or create contact records. View recommended programs here.
- Add imports to a canvas to run up to ten post processing actions.