Send Email reports to anyone inside or outside the organization or use agents to send reports to a range of other devices. Keep everyone up-to-date with regular daily or weekly reports.
Send Email Reports Once, Weekly, or Daily
Send Email reports to one or more recipients directly from the catalog. It’s easy to distribute reports this way and quicker than downloading a report and mailing it from your email client. To keep everyone up-to-date, schedule daily or weekly emails.
- On the Classic Home page, click Catalog.
- Navigate to the item you want to email, click the More action menu, and select Email.
- Enter the email address for one or more recipients.Separate multiple email addresses with a comma. For example:
- Customize the Subject line.
- Send the email Now or click Later to set a date and time in the future.
- To email report updates on a daily or weekly basis, click Repeat and then select Daily or Weekly.
Email Security Alert
Content that you send by email isn’t encrypted. It's your responsibility to safeguard any sensitive data that you send.
Track the Reports You Distribute By Email or Through Agents
Track the reports you’ve chosen to send to people by email from the Console. Quickly see when reports were sent and which items are pending. Review, change, or delete your deliveries (scheduled or completed) from the same page.
Any agents that you set up to deliver content are displayed in the Console too. This way, all your delivery information is in one place.
You can filter the deliveries by their status to track deliveries most important to you. The various status messages are explained here.
Someone canceled the delivery.
Users can cancel any delivery that they own.
|Completed||Delivery ran successfully.|
Users can temporarily disable any delivery or agent that they own through the catalog.
For example, you might stop a job running on its defined schedule if you want to edit the report or change who sees the report.
Delivery ran as scheduled but it didn't complete successfully.
Click the error icon to find out what went wrong so you can fix it.
No one has set up a schedule for the delivery or the scheduled run date is for a date in the past (rather than a future date).
Delivery is scheduled to run.
For example, you might have a delivery scheduled to run every day at 9am. If you look at the delivery the night before or at 8am, it shows as pending to indicate it's due to run soon.
|Running||Delivery is in progress.|
Administrators can temporarily suspend deliveries that other users set up.
For example, before you migrate from a test environment to a production environment, your administrator might suspend deliveries in the test environment, and resume them in the production environment.
Delivery timed out because it took too long to complete.
Something went wrong. Try to run the delivery again.
Delivery ran as scheduled but it wasn't 100% successful.
For example, the delivery specifies 10 recipients but only 9 of them received it because 1 of the email addresses was incorrect.
Click the error icon to find out more.
To track deliveries from the Console:
- Go to the Home Page, click Navigator, and then click Console.
- Click Monitor Deliveries.Initially, minimal historical information is displayed to prevent clutter. To see more detail, click the Action menu for the page and select History Level.
- To filter deliveries by name, start typing the name of the delivery you’re looking for in the search box.Or click Today, to quickly navigate down the list to the first report scheduled for delivery today.You can also filter by delivery status. Click the Filter icon and select one or more from: Failed, Warning, Completed, Canceled, Timed Out, Try Again, Running, Pending, Disabled, Suspended, Not Scheduled.
- To preview the content, click the Actions menu for the delivery, and select View Report.This option isn’t available if the delivery is generated by an agent.
- To edit a delivery, click the Actions menu for the delivery, and select Edit Delivery.
Email deliveries — Update the email options.
Agent deliveries — Edit the agent associated with the delivery.
- To disable a delivery, click the Actions menu for the delivery, and select Disable Delivery.
If you want to enable the delivery later on, click the Actions menu for the delivery, and select Edit Delivery.
- To delete a delivery and all future scheduled deliveries, select Delete Delivery, then OK to confirm.
- To delete delivery information only, select Delete Delivery History from the Actions menu.Use this option to remove historical information that you don't want to see any more.
Suspend and Resume Deliveries
Administrators can temporarily suspend any delivery, at any time.
- Click Console.
- Click Monitor Deliveries.
- To access everyone’s deliveries in addition to your own, click the Action menu for the page, and select Admin View.
- To suspend a delivery, click the Action menu for the delivery and select Suspend Delivery.To suspend multiple deliveries at once, select Shift + click or Ctrl + click to select all the deliveries you want to suspend, and then click the Action menu and select Suspend Delivery.
- To resume a delivery, click the Action menu for the delivery and select Resume Delivery.
Restore and Enable Delivery Schedules
When you restore content (or migrate content) from a snapshot, delivery information is restored but it isn’t activated right away. Initially, restored deliveries are disabled. Click the Edit Delivery option to re-activate them.
- Click Console.
- Click Monitor Deliveries.
- To restore deliveries, click the Action menu for the page and select Restore Deliveries.Click OK to confirm. Recently restored deliveries display Disabled.
- To activate a delivery, click the Action menu for the delivery, and select Edit Delivery.
Enable, and if necessary, redefine the delivery schedule.
- To prevent clutter, delete any history or deliveries you don't want anymore. Click the Action menu for the delivery:
Delete History — Removes historical information that you don't want to see any more.
Delete Delivery — Deletes the delivery and all its history.