Adding contacts to a canvas based on WebEx registration
Using Oracle Eloqua's WebEx integration, registrants for both meetings and events are able to flow into Eloqua as contacts at regularly scheduled intervals. This feeder service allows you to add contacts who registered for a meeting or event directly with WebEx, rather than through Eloqua. New contacts are created in Eloqua and existing contacts are updated using information provided during WebEx registration. You can use this service on the campaign canvas and program canvas.
Important: When you create events in WebEx, do not select the Delete from My Meetings when Complete option. Otherwise, WebEx API errors can occur and Eloqua's WebEx app cannot access needed event data.
To add a contact to a campaign or program based on WebEx registration:
- Open an existing campaign or program, or create a new one.
- Drag the appropriate WebEx element, from the Audience section, onto the canvas:
- WebEx Meeting Register Feeder
- WebEX Event Register Feeder
- Double-click the element to open the configure screen. The window that opens enables you to do the following:
- Change the name of the step to something more meaningful
- Configure the element
- Click the Edit icon to configure the action.
The configuration screen provides the following options:
- Select User: Select a WebEx user for this service. Administrators with appropriate permissions can add and modify WebEx users by re-configuring the app.
- Meeting ID: Enter the WebEx ID for an existing meeting or event.
Note: You may wish to copy the ID for future reference so that you can easily refer to it.
- Run Every: Select the frequency for the feeder (from 15 minutes up to 1 day).
- Until: Select the end date.
- Click Save.
- Test your configuration.
When WebEx registrants flow through the audience element, they are added to Oracle Eloqua as contacts at the regularly scheduled intervals.