Adding dynamic content to emails in the Design Editor
Dynamic content allows you to create email content that changes based on specific rules and conditions. For example, you could personalize an email with the recipient's sales rep information based on the city, state, country, or region specified in the contact's profile. Dynamic content is reusable content stored in the component library. Learn more about
Adding dynamic content to an email
To add dynamic content to your email:
- With your email open, drag the dynamic content to the layout.
- Click and locate the dynamic content you want to add.
After you add the dynamic content, click the content block and use the Dynamic Content panel to change the background color, padding, and border of the content block. Click Edit to change the dynamic content itself.
Tip: Oracle Eloqua validates that the dynamic content is responsive. If there are issues with responsiveness, a notification appears . Click the notification icon to review the issues. You can edit the dynamic content from the Design Editor or from the component library. As you make changes, review the responsive validation errors in the rich text editor. indicates that there are no responsive concerns. indicates that there might be responsive issues.
- After you save your email, you can preview the email content using different contacts.
Padding and borders
Adjust the padding and borders around the content block using the options available from the Dynamic Content panel. Learn more about padding and borders.
Set the background color of the content block using the Dynamic Content panel. You can set the color using hexadecimal or RGB values.
You can format the text contained in a dynamic content in one of two ways:
- By formatting the dynamic content source. Click the dynamic content block and click Edit in the Dynamic Content panel.
See Dynamic content for more information.
- By setting style defaults for the email. Learn more about setting style defaults.
Adding dynamic content to the subject line
You can add dynamic content to the subject line of the email.
To add dynamic content to the subject line:
- With your email open, click to open the Settings panel.
- Select Insert > Dynamic Content.
- Search for the dynamic content and then double-click the item you want to add.
- Add any additional text to the subject line.
- After you save your email, you can preview the subject line using different contacts.