Redirecting a contact to a page after submitting a form
You can redirect a contact to a new page after the contact submits a form. For example, you can redirect the contact to a page to download a white paper after submitting some information about themselves.
Note: Your administrator may have set up an allowlist for external domains. If you try to redirect to a page that is not on the allowlist, the form submission data is still recorded, but users are redirected to an error page. For more information, see allowing domains.
When configuring this form processing step, you can manually specify the Oracle Eloqua landing page or external page URL, or you can use one of the following options:
- Use a picklist - Use this option if the form contains information that you can configure Oracle Eloqua to use to determine the appropriate landing page. See Using picklists with form processing steps for more information.
- Use the value of a form field - Use this option if your form contains a field that specifies the landing page you want to use.
For example, you may have a check box that submitters can use to indicate interest in online seminars. Those who select the check box are redirected to the seminar list landing page.
To redirect to a contact after submitting a form:
- Open a form or create a new one.
- Click Processing.
- Click in the left pane.
- Double-click Redirect to Web Page .
- Choose either Send to an Eloqua Landing Page or Send to an External URL.
- Choose how to select the redirect page:
Option Steps To always redirect to the same page
- If you are redirecting to an Oracle Eloqua landing page, click Always send the same landing page and then click the landing page.
- If you are redirecting to an external page, click Always redirect to the same URL and then type the URL of the page. URLs must be begin with http:// or https://.
To use a picklist
- Choose an option:
- If you are redirecting to an Oracle Eloqua landing page, click Use a picklist to select the landing page.
- If you are redirecting to an external page, click Use a picklist to select the URL. The URLs in the picklist must begin with http:// or https://.
- Click the form field you want to use with the picklist in the Choose a form field drop-down list. This form field contains the values that map to an appropriate redirect page in the picklist.
- Click the picklist in the Choose a picklist drop-down list. To create a new picklist, click and then click .
Use a form field
- Choose an option:
- If you are redirecting to an Oracle Eloqua landing page, click Use the value of a form field to select the landing page.
- If you are redirecting to an external page, click Use the value of a form field to select the URL. URLs must be begin with http:// or https://.
Click the form field you want to use.
Note: You cannot select form fields pre-populated using query strings. They are not available on this list.
- Specify when to process this step.
- Click Save.