You can manage how users can use Profiler. For example, manage the ability to create email alerts, what external activity assets are available for viewing, and so on. You can also manage who has access to Profiler apps that have been installed.
Important: The configuration process must be done by a user with customer admin rights.
To configure Profiler:
- Log in to Oracle Eloqua.
- Click Settings .
- Click Apps in the Platform Extensions section.
- Select the Profiler app.
- Click Configure .
Reconfigure Profiler using the following tabs as needed.
- Email alerts: Allow users to create email notifications for contact web visits.
- Thumbnail previews: Allows users to see a thumbnail preview of marketing assets associated to a contact's activity.
- Search: Allows users to search for contacts in Profiler by contact fields (name, email address, domain, etc.). Otherwise, users can only search by email address.
- Subscriptions: Allows users to view the email address of contacts that have globally unsubscribed. Users cannot email these contacts and a visual indicator indicates the contact's global subscription status. Otherwise, users cannot view the email address of such contacts.
- External activity: Allows users to see external activities in Profiler. Choose the external activity assets that should be visible to users.
Social Field Mappings
- The Social Field Mapping section allows you to specify the social network account links available in Profiler as part of the contact summary. Profiler will build the links to the social network site using the mapped contact field.
To link to social network sites, choose the contact field that should be used for each social network.
- View and search installed Profiler apps.
- Select the security groups which should have access to the Profiler app.
Note: Users must log out of Eloqua for Eloqua security group changes to take effect.
- Identify which domains are allowed to host Sales Tools pages. For example, if you embed Sales Tools in an iframe hosted by your CRM, add the domain of the page hosting the iframe to your allowlist. You can allow a domain and its sub-domains using a wildcard (*).
To avoid broken iframes, add your CRMs to the
Profiler allowlistand Engage allowlist, and update the Sales Tools URLs you have embedded in an iframe to the new URLs. Here is a list of suggested domains for the allowlist based on CRMs:
- Salesforce: *.force.com, *.salesforce.com, *.my.salesforce.com, *.lightning.force.com, and *.visualforce.com
- Oracle CX Sales: *.oraclecloud.com
- Oracle CRM On Demand: *.crmondemand.com
- Microsoft Dynamics: *.dynamics.com
To learn more about embedding Profiler in different CRMs, see Profiler integration.
- Click Save to save your settings.
Your configuration settings have been updated. You can modify them at any time.