The Data Source dimension is used to create members to store tax automation rules. A rule for each type is generated when the application is created, and stored in the Data Source dimension, under the
TRCS_Tax Automation Rules hierarchy. The following rules are created out of the box:
You can also add Tax Automation members as required. The new rule members must be created under the Data Source dimension before they can be loaded to the associated Tax Automation forms. There is no limit to the number of additional rule members you can create.
Note:Rules will be executed in the order of their creation.
Tax automation rules can be defined as Global Rules, Domicile Rules, and Entity Rules.
- Global Rules - When you create a global rule using the Tax Automation Global form, when it is saved, the rule is copied to all Domiciles and Entities. The Global rules apply to all Domiciles and Entities. If required, the Global rule can be overridden at the Domicile or Entity level.
- Domicile Rules -When you create a Domicile rule using the Tax automation Domicile form, when it is saved, the rule is copied to all Entities that belong to that domicile. If required, this rule can be overridden at the Entity level.
- Entity Rules - The Entity rule is applied directly to an entity.
To add new Tax Automation members to the Data Source dimension:
- From the Home page, click Applications, then click Overview, and then click the Dimensions tab.
- Click the Dimensions tab, then under the Data Source dimension, create the Data Source members that you require to store tax automation rules. See Adding Tax Automation Rules to Data Source Dimension.
- On the Edit Member Properties: Data Source tab, under FCCS_Total Data Source, navigate to TRCS_Tax Automation Rules
- Highlight the Tax Automation rule to which you want to add another rule, for example,
TRCS_Global Rules, and then click Add Child .
- On the Add Child dialog box, enter the number of members you want to add, and then click Apply.
- In the new row, enter the following information for the new member, and then click Save:
- Enter the Member Name for the new tax automation rule, for example, Global_Rule_2. The Parent Member is populated.
- Enter the name of the Default Alias Table.
Note:Create User-specific rule members after the system-defined rule member (TRCS_Global Rule1). For example, Global Rule 1 should be set first, and then followed by Global Rule 2 and then Global Rule 3 so that while adding rows, the system identifies the next available member.
The new rule is added to the hierarchy.
Add the new rules to the Tax Automation forms. You must right-click the first cell of the first row to display the menu, and select Tax Automation, and then Show All Accounts to add the new blank rule for each tax account. This action must be performed when a Permanent or Temporary differences account is added. See the following sections: