Attaching the Slide-Rail Assemblies to the Rack
Complete one of the following procedures to attach the slide-rail assemblies to the
Attach Bolt-On Slide-Rail Assemblies
To attach bolt-on slide-rail assemblies to the rack:
- Position a slide-rail assembly in your rack so that the brackets at each end
of the slide-rail assembly are on the outside of the front and rear
rack posts (Attaching Slide-Rail Assembly to Rack Post).
- Attach the slide-rail assembly to the rack posts, but do not tighten the screws
Choose one of the following methods to attach the slide-rails. The method you
use varies, depending on the type of rack:
- Repeat Step 1 and Step 2 for the remaining slide-rail assembly.
- From the front of the rack, set the proper width of the rails
using the spacer (Setting the Rail Width).
Figure 2-4 Setting the Rail Width
1 Rail-width spacer
2 Attaching the spacer to the rails
- Tighten the screws on both brackets (Setting the Rail Width).
- Remove the spacer and confirm that the rails are attached tightly to the
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6 for the side-rail assembly at the rear of the
- If available, extend the anti-tip bar at the bottom of the rack (Extending the Anti-tip Bar).
Figure 2-5 Extending the Anti-tip Bar
Caution - If your rack does not have an anti-tip bar, the rack could tip
Attach Tool-less Slide-Rail Assemblies
To attach tool-less slide-rail assemblies to the rack:
- Refer to the installation card included with the rackmount kit for instructions on attaching
tool-less slide-rail assemblies to the rack.