Verifying Operation of the Slide-Rails and CMA
Use the following procedure to ensure that the slide-rails and CMA are operating
Verify Operation of Slide-Rails and CMA
Note - Two people are recommended for this procedure: one to move the server in
and out of the rack, and one to observe the cables and CMA.
- Slowly pull the server out of the rack until the slide-rails reach their stops.
- Inspect the attached cables for any binding or kinks.
- Verify that the CMA extends fully from the slide-rails.
- Push the server back into the rack, as described in the following sub-steps.
When the server is fully extended, you must release two sets of slide-rail
stops to return the server to the rack:
- The first set of stops are levers, located on the inside of each
slide-rail, just behind the back panel of the server. These levers are labeled
“PUSH.” Push in both levers simultaneously and slide the server toward the rack.
The server will slide in approximately 18 inches (46 cm) and stop.
Verify that the cables and the CMA retract without binding before you continue.
- The second set of stops are the slide-rail release buttons, located near the
front of each mounting bracket (Sliding the Server Back Into the Rack). Simultaneously push or pull both of the slide-rail
release buttons, and push the server completely into the rack until both slide-rail
- Adjust the cable straps and CMA, as required.