Remove a DIMM
Caution - This procedure involves handling circuit boards that are extremely sensitive to static electricity. Ensure
that you follow ESD-preventive practices to avoid damaging the circuit boards. See General Safety Information.
Caution - Components inside the chassis might be hot. Use caution when servicing components inside
- (If needed) Prepare for service. See:
- (If needed) Locate the faulty DIMM.
See Locate a Faulty DIMM (LEDs).
- Remove the DIMM from the motherboard as described in the following steps:
- Push down on the ejector tabs on each side of the DIMM until
the DIMM is released (panel 1).
- Grasp the top corners of the DIMM, and lift and remove it from
the server module (panel 2).
- Place the DIMM on an antistatic mat.
- Install a replacement DIMM.
See Install a Replacement DIMM.