Install a FEM
This procedure applies to any of the form factors of FEM cards that
are supported by this server module.
- Prepare for service by performing the following tasks:
- Determine the correct set of motherboard FEM connectors for your FEM.
An L-shaped FEM (card 1) uses connectors FEM-X and FEM-0.
A rectangular double-width FEM (card 2) uses connectors FEM-0 and FEM-1.
A rectangular single-width FEM (card 3) uses connector FEM-0.
- Insert the FEM edge into the bracket and carefully align the FEM so
that the card connects with the correct motherboard connectors.
- Lower the card and press it into place.
If the card has rubber bumpers you can press directly on them to
seat the card into the connectors.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation.