Replace the Battery
The battery maintains system time when the server module is powered off. If
the server module fails to maintain the proper time when it is powered
off, replace the battery.
- Prepare for service by performing the following tasks:
- Remove a FEM card using connector FEM 1 (if present).
See Remove a FEM.
- Push the top of the battery forward, then lift the battery from the
holder (panel 1).
- Install the replacement battery with the negative (-) side out.
- Put the FEM back in place if you needed to remove it to
access the battery.
See Install a FEM.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation
- Use an Oracle ILOM command to set the clock's day and time.
-> set /SP/clock datetime=061716192010
-> show /SP/clock
datetime = Thu JUN 17 16:19:56 2010
timezone = GMT (GMT)
usentpserver = disabled