Install the Service Processor Card
- (If needed) Remove the service processor card.
See Remove the Service Processor Card.
- Insert the replacement service processor card into the retainer (panel 1).
Ensure that the tab is aligned with the key (panel 2)
- Lower the service processor card until it is aligned with the connector (panel
- Seat the service processor card into the connector by pressing the card toward
the tabs while pressing down (panel 4).
When the service processor card is in place, the lever will close.
- Return the server module to the chassis.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation.
- Access Oracle ILOM on the SP.
See Access the SP (Oracle ILOM).
If the replacement service processor detects that the service processor firmware is not
compatible with the existing host firmware, further action is suspended and the following
message is displayed:
Unrecognized Chassis: This module is installed in an unknown or
unsupported chassis. You must upgrade the firmware to a newer
version that supports this chassis.
If you see this message, go to Step 7. Otherwise, go to Step 8.
- Download the system firmware.
Refer to the Oracle ILOM documentation for instructions.
- If you created a backup of the SP configuration, use the Oracle ILOM
restore utility to restore the configuration.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation