Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Achievement Containers >
Achievement Containers Features
Organizations that use incentive compensation often need a software solution that allows compensation rules to be computed on a regular basis. Depending on the size of a company, this process might involve a few sales orders, or it might involve a large number of daily sales order transactions.
Siebel Achievement Aggregation accumulates a unit of measure for each plan participant for each plan rule, for each execution period, and for each status period. This accumulation is used by the calculation engine to compute attainment by adding up all the containers between specific date ranges and comparing that to a Quota for the same period of time. Figure 11 shows the incentive compensation flow that incorporates Achievement Container.
Figure 11. Achievement Container High-Level Process
- Orders are created in Siebel Orders Module (or created by a third-party order engine and imported into the Siebel application).
- The Orders are imported into the Transaction Workbook.
- Achievement Containers are defined through the aggregated plan rules, and filters are applied as needed.
- The transactions in the Transaction Workbook are exported to the Calculation Workbook and accumulated in the Achievement Containers. Based on the Transaction Plan Date and the Transaction Team Territory, a roll up process rolls up achievement through each valid Sales Hierarchy Version. This process creates new records in the Calculation Workbook for nonaggregated plan rules and creates Containers in the Achievement Workbook for aggregated plan rules.
- The Calculation Engine then computes both compensation and attainment, using the Calculation Workbook and Achievement Containers Workbook data.