Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Employee Balances and Payment Releases >
Reconciling an Employee Balance (End User)
An employee can compared balances against bank statements and earnings records to verify that they are correct.
To reconcile an employee balance
- To view the details of any of the earnings, navigate to Incentive Compensation > My Compensation.
- In the Participants list, select a participant record, and then drill down on the hyperlink in the Balance field.
- In the Earnings list, select an earnings record and drill down on the hyperlink in the Calculation Run field for the period you wish to view compensation details.
In the Calculation Summary and Compensation Details subviews, the end user can review information associated with the transaction, product, and account, as well as compensation data concerning gross earnings, awards, target incentives, performance measures, and rates used. For more information on Calculation Summary details, see Reviewing Calculation Details.
- In the Released Payments list, select a record and drill down on the hyperlink in the Released Amount field to view details associated with the payment release.
Compare the Released Payments records with bank or payroll earnings statements.
Reconciling a Previous Payment
Because earnings can be retroactively restated by using the calculation run Replace feature, payments released in the past may appear to be based on incorrectly calculated balances. To understand why a payment amount was computed at a specific time, users can review a historical snapshot of the user's balance details when the payment was made.
To reconcile a previous payment
- Navigate to Incentive Compensation > My Compensation.
- In the Participants list, select a participant record and drill down on the hyperlink in the Balance field.
The Earnings and Released Payment lists appear.
- In the Released Payment list, select a payment and then drill down on the hyperlink in the Released Amount field.
The subview refreshes, showing details when the payment was made.
NOTE: Fewer payments may appear, and the list of earnings may differ from the most recent list because some calculation runs are replaced.
- Reconcile the amounts as described in To reconcile an employee balance.