Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Plan Design > Associating Rules with Plans >
Associating a Cap with a Plan Rule
After you select a plan rule, use the following procedure to associate a cap with the plan rule.
To associate a cap with a plan rule
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Administration > Plans.
- In the Plans list, select a plan, and then click the hyperlink in the Name field.
- Select the Plan Rules view tab.
- In the Plan Rules list, select the plan rule, and drill down on the hyperlink in the Name field to show the Plan Rule form.
- Select the Caps view tab.
- In the Caps list, click New, and in the new Cap record, click the select button in the Name field.
- In the Pick Caps dialog box, select a cap, and then click OK.
For any type of cap, you can change the plan rule cap amount, quantity, or percent, depending on the unit of measure for the cap.
NOTE: When you add a Cap to a Plan and the amounts are in different currencies (for example, USD and EURO), you can: (a) use the tools configuration to convert one amount (to USD) and use the date when the cap was created or (b) not convert an amount and simply transfer its value.
For more information, see Associating Rules with Plans and Personalizing a Compensation Plan Rule.