Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Plan Design > Associating Rules with Plans >
Associating a Plan Rule with a Multiplier Plan Rule
In order for the calculation engine to multiply the output of a plan rule by the factors defined in a multiplier plan rule, you need to associate the two plan rules.
After you create a compensation plan and associate rules with the plan, you can link a plan rule to a multiplier plan rule.
To associate a plan rule with a multiplier plan rule
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Administration > Plans.
- In the Plans list, select the plan for which you want to use a multiplier rule, and then drill down on the hyperlink in the Name field.
- Click the Plan Rules view tab, and in the Plan Rules list, select the plan rule.
- In the Plan Rule form, click the select button in the Multiplier Plan Rule field.
- In the Pick Plan Rule dialog box, select the plan rule that contains the multiplier you want to use, and then click OK.
The multiplier plan rule is added and the plan name of the plan rule populates the Multiplier Plan field.
NOTE: When you link a multiplier plan rule, the output of this plan rule is multiplied by a factor defined in the multiplier plan rule.