Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Quotas >
Revising or Replacing a Quota
In some circumstances, the compensation administrator or manager may need to revise or replace a quota after it has been created.
- A quota should be revised if the quota is changed in the middle of a measure period and the revision affects the part of the period following the revision.
- A quota should be replaced if the quota is changed and the change should be retroactive to cover the entire measurement period.
When a quota is replaced, the active quota record has a status of Replaced, and the quota record becomes read-only. A copy of the quota is created which can be edited and process for approval.
When a quota is revised, the end date of the active record is modified. For example, the active quota has a start date of 1/1/2003 and an end date of 12/31/2003. If the quota is revised on 5/30/2003, the original quota record will have a start date of 1/1/2003 and an end date of 5/29/2003. A copy of the quota record is created with a start date of 5/30/2003 and an end date of 12/31/2003. This is the record that you should revise.
A different situation exists if you are revising a quota with the following conditions:
- The start and end dates are both earlier than the current date (the entire quota period is in the past).
- The start date is earlier than the current date, and end date is the current date (the current date is the last day of the quota).
- The start date is the current date, and the end date is in the future (the current day is the first day of the quota).
- The start and end dates are both in the future (the quota period has not yet begun).
In these instances, the current quota record starts and ends on the start date of the quota (if the quota was valid from 1/1/2003 through 12/31/2003, the record has a start date of 1/1/2003 and an end date of 1/1/2003). This record becomes read-only. A copy of the record is created with a start date of 1/2/2003 and an end date of 12/31/2003. This is the record you can revise.
To revise or replace a quota
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Quotas > All Quotas.
If you are a sales manager, navigate to Incentive Compensation Quotas > My Team's Quotas.
- In the Quotas list, select the quota you want to revise or replace.
- In the Quotas list, click the menu button and choose either Revise Quota or Replace Quota.
A new copy of the quota is created and the original record becomes read-only.
- In the new record, change the fields as desired.
After the quota is approved and accepted, you import the quota again so that the new quota can be used.