Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Quotas >
Associating a Quota with a Compensation Plan
As an administrator, you can associate a quota with a compensation plan, creating a plan quota. In the Plan Quotas view, you can select quotas for the plan and enter the quota target.
To add a quota to the plan
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Administration > Plans.
- In the Plans list, select the plan, and then drill down on the hyperlink in the Name field.
- Click the Plan Quotas view tab.
- In the Plan Quotas list, click New.
- In the plan quota record, click the select button, and in the Pick Quota dialog box, select the quota and click OK.
The Performance Measure field is automatically populated. Changes to the quota Name, Performance Measure, and Description fields must be made in the Incentive Compensation Administration > Quotas view.
- In either the Target Amount or the Target Qty field, enter a value.
- If you have a revenue quota, enter the target revenue in the Target Amount field. The quota attainment is measured using the Order Amount from the Calculation Workbook.
- If you have a units quota, enter the target unit in the Target Qty field. The quota attainment is measured using the Quantity Requested from the Calculation Workbook.
- If you have a Com Cred Rev (Commission Credit Revenue) quota, enter the amount of the commission credit revenue in the Target Amount field. The quota attainment is measured using the Com Cred Rev amount from the Calculation Workbook.
- If you have a Quota Cred Rev (Quota Credit Revenue) quota, enter the amount of the quota credit revenue in the Target Amount field. The quota attainment is measured using the Quota Cred Rev amount from the Calculation Workbook.
NOTE: This is the default quota target for the plan participants. You can prorate the quota for each participant. You can also prorate the quota for a group by using the Prorate field within the Group field for plan rules having both a performance measure of % Quota and a participant level of Group. For more information on prorating quotas, see Plan Design.
After you have created your quota and added it to your plan (creating a plan quota), you must associate it with a Plan Rule that has % Quota or Cumulative % Quota as the performance measure. The quota then becomes the target for your % Quota or Cumulative % Quota rule.