Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Transaction Workbook Imports and Exports >
Importing an Order into the Transaction Workbook
Sales orders and invoices are copied into the Transaction Workbook using a server process called ICM Order Import. You run this server process by using the Import Transactions feature in Siebel Incentive Compensation.
The transactions are then exported from the Transaction Workbook into the Calculation Workbook for compensation calculation. For more information, see Exporting a Transaction to the Calculation Workbook.
NOTE: There are two methods that can be used to import Orders into the Transaction Workbook, Import Transactions and Import from Sales Credit. In the former process, the Order Sales team becomes the transaction team. In the latter process, the Order Sales Credit assignments become the transaction team. This allows you to either make changes to the positions listed on the sales team or to adjust credit allocations.
To import orders into the Transaction Workbook
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Tracking > Transaction Workbook.
The Transactions list shows transactions that have already been imported.
- In the Transaction Workbook form, click the select button in the Period field, and in the Pick period dialog box, choose a period and click OK.
The period field is positioned above the Transactions list.
NOTE: If no period is selected, then orders that have not been previously imported are imported. However, orders with the Moved to Transaction Workbook check box flagged are not imported.
- (Optional) In the Criteria field, enter criteria.
If the number of orders you are planning to import is very large, use the Criteria field to specify criteria for the import, which limits the import to a subset of the available orders. Orders that meet the criteria and have a status date within the selected period are imported.
CAUTION: You must use the correct syntax when entering criteria or the import process will fail. The correct syntax is
[field name 1] = 'value' OR
[field name 2] = 'value
' The field name is the business component field name, not the field caption. Use Siebel Tools to look up individual field names. Square brackets MUST surround the field name. Value must be in single quotes. For example:
[www] = 'xxx'
[yyy] = 'zzz'
- In the Transaction Workbook form, click the menu button and choose Import Transactions or Import from Sales Credit, depending upon whether you are using Order Sales Team or Order Sales Credit Assignments.
Orders that are active and have not already been moved are imported to the Transaction Workbook.
- Perform one of the following steps to view the transaction import status.
- To see the status of your request, navigate to Server Component Request > My Component Requests.
The server request remains in Queued status until the process is completed. After the processing is done, the status changes to Success.
- To see the status of the Server Task, navigate to Server Administration > Servers > Server Tasks.
The server process is ICM Order Import. The task state shows Completed when the import process is done. This process is typically monitored by system administrators.
NOTE: The Info Log Detail includes a log of the server process.
For more information on running server tasks, see Siebel Server Administration Guide.
CAUTION: If the status of an order is changed twice between performing the Order Import process, you do not see the first status and only compensate on the second status. To make sure that compensation is calculated for each order status, either copy the order and change the status or export the order to the Transaction Workbook upon status change. After changing the status of the order, the Move to Transaction Workbook flag is turned off, which allows you to export the same order with a different status.