The procedure in this section assumes that you have completed the steps in Creating and Saving the Manifest File and that you are ready to begin deployment to your Office 365 users.
Important! Before deploying the Oracle Smart View for Office (Mac and Browser) add-in to your Office 365 users, you should first sideload the add-in in order to perform your own testing and development tasks. For more information, see:
To deploy Smart View to your Office 365 users:
- Log in to Office 365 and click the Admin link to access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- In the left panel, go to Settings, then Services & add-ins.
- On the Services & add-ins page, click Deploy Add-In.
- In the New Add-In, Centralized Deployment wizard, click Next.
- In the second page of the wizard, select I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device, then click Browse, then navigate to the location of the saved manifest file and select it, then click OK, and then click Next.
In this example, we navigated to a locally-saved manifest file called
- Specify who should have access to the Smart View add-in for Office 365, and then click Deploy now.
You can choose to deploy to all Office 365 users, specific users of groups that you have already defined, or just to yourself.
Note that if you choose Specific users/groups, a search box is displayed to assist you in adding users or groups.
For this example scenario, we’ll select Just me.
After clicking Deploy Now, the deployment is processing.
You’re now moving to step 2 of the deployment wizard; a status screen is displayed:
When the deployment is finished, a green check mark should appear in step 2 of the deployment.
- Click Next.
You're now in the final step (step 3) of the deployment. Because we chose Just me earlier, you now have the option of adding more users to the deployment:
This screen is displayed if you selected Everyone or Specific users/groups earlier, giving you the option of reviewing a sample email announcement for the Smart View add-in users.
- Click Close.
Optionally, if you chose to deploy to other users, click the Get sample mail link to view a suggested email text that you can send to users to announce the new Oracle Smart View for Office add-in for Office 365.
If you deployed to other users, they should see the Smart View ribbon the next time they log into Office 365 and launch Excel on a Mac or in a browser.