Managing signature rules
You can copy, rename, delete, and edit signature rules in the component library. See Creating signature rules for how to create and edit the rules.
Before you begin:
- You must resolve all dependencies before you can delete a signature rule. When you try to delete a signature rule with dependencies, Oracle Eloqua displays them for you so that you can resolve them.
- Ensure you have the necessary asset permissions. These permissions control the actions that you can perform with the signature rule.
To manage your signature rules:
Navigate to Assets > Email Setup, then click Signature Rules.
- Search for the signature rule you want to manage.
- Right-click the rule and choose an action:
Note; There are some important details about the following actions:
- Copy: The copied rule appears in the list as "Original Name: Copy."
- Delete: You cannot delete rules with dependencies. When deleting rules, the Dependencies window displays the dependencies so you can resolve them.
Here are some tips if you encountered issues:
- You cannot delete signature rules with dependencies. When deleting rules, the Dependencies window displays the dependencies of the rule.
- You may not have permission to perform the action. Contact your administrator about your default permissions.