Using the Script ID to Access Custom Segment Body, Line, and Filter By Fields
The field ID of custom segments is prefixed with cseg. When creating your custom segments, establish a clear naming convention for your custom segment definition IDs. Meaningful script names are helpful when you are creating solutions for scripts, bundles, formulas, workflows, searches, and more.
Custom segment definitions use a unified script ID, which lets you use one ID in your scripts to refer to all of the record types in a custom segment. With the unified ID, you are not required to know the applied record type when referring to a custom segment field on a specific record.
Custom segment IDs in searches and filters show the field type so that you can distinguish among body, line and filter fields.
To filter custom segments, use the pattern _filterby_ to include custom segment fields in the filtering criteria. For example, to filter cseg_section by subsidiary:
- Custom Segments
- Benefits of Custom Segments
- Custom Segments Overview
- Permissions for Managing Custom Segments and Values
- Custom Segment Creation
- Editing Custom Segments
- Custom Segment Values
- Custom Segments in Record Searches
- Customizing a Report by Using Custom Segments
- Using Custom Segments in Workflows
- SuiteScript and Custom Segments
- SOAP Web Services and Custom Segments
- CSV Import and Custom Segments