- From the Home page, click Application , and then click Configure .
- From the Configure list, select Financials. Use the Filter to check the status of configuration actions. Use Actions to update task status.
- Perform all mandatory tasks. Perform the optional tasks required for your business.
- Import your business data to populate the application. See Importing Data. After importing data, run Calculate Actuals and Rollup, and then refresh the application.
- If you enabled Driver-Based Balance Sheet, see Specifying Days in Period for Driver-Based Balance Sheet.
- After configuring, and any time you make changes in configuration or import metadata, refresh the database. From the Configure page, select Refresh Database from the Actions menu. Click Create, and then click Refresh Database.
Table 5-3 Configuring Financials
|Planning and Forecast Preparation||
Set the timeframe and granularity for plans.
Configures the timeframe, the starting period, and the level of granularity for planning and forecasting. Gives you the ability to plan and forecast on a different basis for different years.
If you enabled Rolling Forecast, configures the rolling forecast time periods.
You can use this configuration task after you enable weekly planning to customize the planning granularity for entity and account combinations.
|Revenue Accounts, Expense Accounts, Balance Sheet Accounts, Cash Flow Accounts||
Set up accounts, drivers, and KPIs based on the features you enabled. You can add, modify, import, and export these artifacts. If required, you might need to add logic or calculations related to custom accounts and drivers. You can also add custom expense driver categories.See Adding and Managing Accounts and Drivers, Adding KPIs, and Adding Custom Expense Driver Categories.
Import the Entity dimension members that reflect your business hierarchy, such as departments, cost centers, and business units.
Select the location of the file containing the members (Local or Planning inbox), click Browse to find the file, specify the file type, and then click Import.
Entities are common across modules, so import all entities together.
Enter foreign exchange rates in a multicurrency application. See Setting Global Assumptions: Exchange Rates.
Import product dimension members that represent your business’s product offerings. See Importing Data.
Import the Services dimension members that represent your business's service offerings. See Importing Data.
If you enabled any custom dimensions, import members to populate the dimension.
See Importing Data.