Acquire the Oracle ILOM Firmware Version 1.1.3
Note - See the Switch Product Notes for the most up-to-date method of acquiring the firmware.
- Open a web browser on a host that is on the same Ethernet
network as the management controller to receive the firmware update.
- Go to this URL:
Oracle’s My Oracle Support page is displayed.
- Sign in if you already have an account.
If you do not have an account, you must register.
The Dashboard page is displayed.
- Click the Patches & Updates tab.
The Patches & Updates page is displayed.
- In the Patch Search window, click Product or Family (Advanced Search).
The Patch Search window updates.
- In the Product is drop-down menu, select Sun Datacenter InfiniBand Switch 36.
- In the Release is drop-down menu, select Sun Datacenter InfiniBand Switch 36 1.1.3.
- Click Close.
- Click Search.
The Patch Search window expands with the search results.
- In the Patch Name column, click the patch 10364281 link.
The Patch Search window reformats.
- Click Download.
The File Download window opens.
- Click the p10364281_113_Generic.zip link to initiate the download.
- Indicate where the file should be saved.
The file is downloaded and saved.
- In the File Download window, click Close.
- In your receiving directory, decompress the .zip file.
The firmware is in the SUN_DCS_36p_1.1.3.tar.gz file.
The readme file contains the latest information about the firmware release.
- In your download directory, unpack the .gz file:
# gunzip SUN_DCS_36p_1.1.3.tar.gz
- Untar the file:
# tar xvf SUN_DCS_36p_1.1.3.tar
The extracted files are displayed.
- Read the README files for information about installing the firmware.
- Securely copy the upgrade script to the /tmp directory of the management controller file
$ scp spfw_upgrade_1.1.3.sh root@nm2name:/tmp
where nm2name is the host name of the management controller.
Note - You might need to provide the root password. The default root password is
- Install the Oracle ILOM firmware.
See Install the Oracle ILOM Firmware Version 1.1.3.