Before You Begin
Before beginning this procedure, ensure that you are familiar with the cautions and
safety instructions described in General Safety Information.
Caution - Do not leave FB-DIMM slots empty. You must install filler panels in all
empty FB-DIMM slots.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Remove power from the server.
See Disconnect Power Cords From the Server .
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 server, 8-drive capable) Disconnect and stow the hard drive
- Unplug the hard drive data cable from J6401 on the motherboard.
- Remove the hard drive data cable from its seat on the CMP air
- Place the hard drive cable end out of the way of the air
- Rotate the air duct up and toward the front of the system.
See panels 1 and 2 of the following figure.
Figure 67 Removing FB-DIMMs
- Press the Fault Locator button on the motherboard to identify the FB-DIMMs that
need to be replaced.
Tip - Make a note of the faulty FB-DIMM location.
- Push down on the ejector tabs on each side of the FB-DIMM until
the FB-DIMM is released.See Removing FB-DIMMs.
See panel 3 in the preceding figure.
Caution - FB-DIMMs and heat sinks on the motherboard may be hot.
- Grasp the top corners of the faulty FB-DIMM and lift it out of
- Place the FB-DIMM on an antistatic mat.
- Repeat Step 7 through Step 9 for any other FB-DIMMs you intend to remove.
- If you do not plan to install replacement FB-DIMMs at this time, install
filler panels in the empty slots.