Install a New SCC Module
Before You Begin
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge. This
discharge can cause server components to fail.
- Unpack the replacement SCC module and set it on an antistatic mat.
- Align the SCC module with its connector on the motherboard.
Note - The SCC module and its connector are keyed.
- Press the SCC module down until it seats.
- Install PCIe/XAUI riser 2.
See Install a PCIe/XAUI Riser.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Reinstall the Server in the Rack.
- Connect the power supplies.
See Connect Power Cords to the Server.
Note - As soon as the power cords are connected, standby power is applied. Depending
on how the firmware is configured, the system might boot at this time.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server Using the poweron Command or Power On the Server Using the Front Panel Power Button.
- If the previous SCC module had modified ILOM configuration variables and you recorded
them, configure the new SCC module with those values.