Install a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Lower the PCIe/XAUI riser and any cards attached to it into the system.
Note - PCIe/XAUI and PCIe risers have keyed connectors to prevent incorrect installation on the
- Ensure that the PCIe back panels are properly engaged with the corresponding slots
in the motherboard tray/back panel connector assembly.
- Tighten the captive screw to secure the riser to the motherboard.
Note - Ensure that PCIe filler panels are installed in all empty PCIe/XAUI slots.
Figure 74 Installing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (SPARC Enterprise T5120)
Figure 75 Installing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (SPARC Enterprise T5220)
- Install the PCI cross beam.
Slide the cross beam forward over the PCIe/XAUI risers. Ensure that the cross
beam is engaged with the standoffs on either side of the chassis rear
panel PCI cross beam.
- Engage the two captive Phillips screws on both sides of the removable PCI
cross beam and tighten the two screws to secure the removable PCI cross
beam to the chassis.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Connect any data cables you removed to service the PCIe/XAUI cards.
- Connect all power cables.
See Connect Power Cords to the Server.