Remove the Front Indicator Module From a Server With 2.5-Inch Storage Drives
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- To remove the top cover from the storage drive cage, do the following:
- Remove six Phillips screws from the top of the drive cage—three on each
- Open the server's fan door.
See Open the Server Fan Door.
- To remove the storage drive cover, slide it forward (toward the front of
the server) and lift it up.
- Loosen the screw that secures the FIM assembly to the server chassis .
Figure 69 Removing the FIM From Server's With 2.5-inch Storage Drives
- Carefully slide the FIM assembly toward the rear enough to lift it over
the Phillips screw and lift the FIM assembly out of the server .
- Disconnect the FIM cable from the FIM assembly and set the assembly aside
- Continue to Install the Front Indicator Module Into a Server With 2.5-Inch Storage Drives.