Remove the Front Indicator Module From a Server With 3.5-Inch Storage Drives
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- To remove the cover from the storage drive cage, do the following:
- Remove six Phillips screws from the top of the drive cage—three on each
- Open the server's fan door.
See Open the Server Fan Door.
- Slide the storage drive cage cover forward toward the front of the server
and lift it up .
Figure 70 Removing the FIM From a Server With 3.5-inch Storage Drives
- Loosen and remove the three Phillips screws that hold the FIM card in
- Carefully slide the FIM card toward the rear of the server and to
the right (viewing the server from the front) and lift it off of
the drive cage .
- Disconnect the FIM cable from the FIM card and set it aside .
- Continue to Install the Front Indicator Module Into a Server With 3.5-Inch Storage Drives.