Install the Front Indicator Module Into a Server With 2.5-Inch Storage Drives
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures
- Unpack the replacement FIM and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Connect the FIM cable to the replacement FIM assembly .
See Removing the FIM From Server's With 2.5-inch Storage Drives.
- Carefully lower the FIM assembly into the chassis, position it over the Phillips
screw in the server's chassis, and slide it forward so that all the
LEDs, USB connectors and Power On button fit into place on the server's
front panel .
- Tighten the Phillips screw to secure the FIM assembly to the server's chassis
- Place the drive cage cover over the server's drive cage and install the
six Phillips (three on each side) to secure the cover to the server.
- Ensure that server fan door is closed.
- Return the server to operation.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect the data cables and the power cords to the server power supplies.
See Reconnect Data Cables and Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server.
Verify that the Power/OK indicator is steady on.