Install Storage Drive SAS Cables
- Properly orient the ends of the SAS cables to connect to the disk
backplane and the HBA respectively.
- Carefully push the SAS cables through the mid-wall and place them into the
cable trough in the middle of the air duct .
- Install the HDDs 0-3 cable.
- Install the HDDs 0-3 cable connector into the bottom disk backplane .
- Plug the HDDs 0-3 cable connector into the connector on the left side
of HBA card (the connector that is farther from the power supplies) .
- If the server has more than four storage drives, do the following:
- Install the top disk backplane.
See Install the Disk Backplane
- Install the HDDs 4-7 cable connector into the top disk backplane .
- Plug the HDDs 4-7 cable connector into the connector on the right side
of HBA card (the connector that is closer to the power supplies) .
- Install the PCIe riser with the internal HBA card into PCIe slot 3.
See Install a PCIe Riser Into PCIe Slots 3 and 4
- Install all of the server fan modules.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Close the server fan door.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect the data cables and the power cords to the server power supplies.
See Reconnect Data Cables and Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server.
Verify that the Power/OK indicator is steady on.