Follow the steps in this section to configure each ZFS Storage Appliance InfiniBand connection. The eight GUIDs for the InifiniBand HBA ports that are recorded during this procedure are used to configure the Oracle SPARC SuperCluster InfiniBand switches in the next procedure.
1. Connect the ZFS Storage Appliance to the Oracle SPARC SuperCluster as described in the white paper Configuring a Sun ZFS Backup Appliance with Oracle SPARC SuperCluster on the NAS Storage Documentation page.
2. Log on to the Browser User Interface (BUI) of Head 1 and navigate to Configuration > Network.
3. Click the plus icon next to Datalinks. The Network Datalink dialogue box opens.
4. Complete the dialogue box as follows:
Check the IB Partition box.
Enter a meaningful name for the datalink name.
Set the Partition Key to 8503.
Select Connected Mode for the Link Mode.
Do not check the LACP Aggregation box.
Select Partition Device ibp0.
Record the GUID number (for example, 21280001ef43bb) and click Apply.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each remaining InfiniBand interface (ibp1, ibp2, and ibp3).
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for Head 2.