Making a template available in Engage
You can create email templates that sales users can access and send in Engage. Sales users are given access to email groups, and any email assigned to the email group will be accessible as a template in Engage.
Before you begin:
- Verify and adjust permissions. To use the template, Engage users must have access to the email group and View asset permissions. Engage also requires View permissions for any landing page, form, or assets used in form processing steps such as custom objects.
- Enable customized content. Administrators can allow the sales user to: create emails without templates, create their own templates, and add content to the email such as images, attachments and field merges (contact field merges only). For more information, see Configuring Engage.
- Test the template. Microsoft Outlook renders the email differently than the Eloqua email editor. If your sales team uses Oracle Eloqua Sales Tools for Microsoft Outlook, test your email template using the add-in.
The following email editor features are not supported in the Microsoft Outlook add-in:
Locked Blocks, Hide in Mobile, protected email templates. Be sure to test your template before providing it to Engage users.
- Consider protected templates. To prevent users from changing parts of the email message, create a protected marketing email template. Protected email templates are not supported in the Microsoft Outlook add-in.
To make a template available in Engage:
- Create and configure your
email groupand make it available to Engage.
- Navigate to Assets > Email Setup > Email Groups.
- Select an existing email group or create an new one.
- Select the Make this Email Group available in Eloqua for Sales check box.
- Click Permissions and review and customize the email group permissions. You want to ensure that your sales users have access to the email group. Also ensure that your security group has access.
- Save your changes.
- Add your email template to the email group associated with Engage.
- Navigate to Assets > Emails.
- Select an existing email or
create a new one.
Tip: You can create an Engage protected email template for your sales users by creating your email from a
protected marketing email template.
- Ensure that you assign the email to the email group that you enabled for sales above.
- Review and customize the email permissions.