Setting Up Link Tracking and External Tracking
Important: This information applies to the Email Message Designer. Speak to your Account Administrator about access to this feature.
Note: The Email Campaign Workbook now has an updated interface and is now called the Email Campaign Designer. Campaign Designer is now enabled for all accounts, and it replaces Campaign Workbook for this channel. Unlike the Campaign Designer, there were no major changes made to the Message Designer's interface.
Using the email Message Designer, you can track links. Link tracking gives you the ability to track recipient clicks for the campaign.
External tracking automatically appends tracking parameters to the link URLs. You can enable external tracking if you use a third-party web analytics service that uses tracking parameters appended to the URLs for links in your campaigns. For more information about external tracking, see Support for Website Analytics.
Setting Up Link Tracking
Before you begin:
- The Account Administrator must enable automatic link table generation. Learn more about enabling this option.
- You need to create an HTML message.
To automatically generate a link table:
- With the email open in the email Message Designer, click More > Link tracking.
- Make sure that the Track links setting is On.
- Choose an option:
- If you want to use an existing Link Table, click Select link table and locate the link table you want to use.
- If you want to generate a new Link Table, click Generate link table. Oracle Responsys generates a link table based on the links in the email.
After you select or generate the link table, you can manage the link table from the Email Message Designer. You can replace the Link Table, edit the links, or update existing Link Table.
After your campaign launches, you can view the tracking results using the Live Report.
Enabling External Tracking
External tracking automatically appends tracking parameters to link URLs. You can enable external tracking if you use a third-party web analytics service.
Before you begin:
Before you can enable external tracking, the Account Administrator must define external tracking parameters. Learn more about these account settings.
To enable external tracking
- In Email Message Designer, click More > Link tracking.
- Select External tracking.
- Click On.
- In the list of available parameters, select the parameters you want to include and select or specify the values for each parameter.
The required parameters are selected by default and cannot be omitted.
- Click Done.
After you enable external tracking, use the External tracking column in the link table to manage the external tracking settings for individual links.