Budgetary Control is enabled in Oracle ERP Cloud. See Budgetary Control in Using Financials for the Public Sector.
- You have already created a Planning Module type application. See Creating an Application.
If you have an existing Planning Module type application, you can incrementally enable Budget Revisions. Note that Budget Revisions requires that the application is single currency and enabled for Hybrid. See Using Existing EPM Planning Applications with Budgetary Control.
Perform the following tasks to enable Budget Revisions and set up integration between EPM Planning Financials and Budgetary Control.
Enable EPM Planning Financials and the Budget Revisions options. From the Home page, click Application, and then click Configure. From the Configure list, select Financials, and then click Enable Features. See Enabling Budget Revisions.
If you have an existing EPM Planning Financials application, you can incrementally enable Budget Revisions. See Using Existing EPM Planning Applications with Budgetary Control.
Configure EPM Planning Financials and Budget Revisions. From the Home page, click Application, and then click Configure. From the Configure list, select Financials.
Complete these tasks:
- Budget Revisions Descriptive Information. See Configuring Budget Revisions Descriptive Information.
- Planning and Forecast Preparation to set the timeframe and granularity for plans (the budget cycle), forecasts, and adopted budgets (the revision cycle). The cycles can be different for each. See Financials Planning and Forecast Preparation.
For details on other Financials configuration options, see Configuring Financials.
Import Financials dimension members to set up budget revision-related metadata. See Importing Financials Dimension Members.
Optionally, import actuals data to start your budgeting process in the EPM Planning Financials module.
- Optionally, if you enabled Import Balances from Budgetary Control, load encumbrance data from Budgetary Control to OEP_Consumed in the Scenario dimension. You can use this member to import any encumbrance, obligation, or commitment balances from Budgetary Control into EPM Planning Financials. Use Data Management to total all these balances and bring them into this single member. See Loading Budgetary Control Budget Consumption Balances to the EPM Cloud Process Description in Administering Data Management for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud .
- Update the provided Smart List to add control budget names. Planners will select a control budget from the Smart List when creating revisions. See Creating Custom Smart List Entries for Budget Revisions.
(Optional) Set up the Approvals process. You can use your existing approval hierarchy if you have one. You can approve across two dimensions, for example Entity and Product. See Managing Approvals in Administering Planning . You set up the approval unit hierarchy scenario and version combination for each revision. See Assigning Approval Unit Hierarchy Scenario and Version Combinations.
Assign access to EPM Planning Financials rules and other artifacts.
Tip:For most artifacts, provide access from Navigator. For groovy templates, assign access from Rules. For information about rules, see Financials Rules for Budget Revisions.
- Perform the following tasks in Budgetary Control.
Create one or more Control Budgets with the Source Budget Type of EPM Financials module (not Hyperion Planning).
Note:Existing control budgets of type Hyperion Planning do not work with the Budget Revisions feature.
(Optional) Add additional budget line attributes.
(Optional) Configure Descriptive Flexfields if you want to add additional fields to the header line.
In Manage Descriptive Flexfields, in the Flexfield Code box, enter XCC to search for the Descriptive Flexfields definition.
See Overview of Descriptive Flexfields in Implementing Common Features for Financials and Project Portfolio Management.
In Data Integration, perform additional required setup tasks. See Integrating Budget Revisions with Budgetary Control in Administering Data Integration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud .
Note:If you create additional control budgets, you must reinitialize the source in Data Integration, create additional targets, and update the connection.
Set up connections to connect environments. See Setting Up Connections.
- Optionally, configure single sign-on between the Oracle EPM Cloud environment and
the Oracle Fusion Cloud environment to allow planners to drill through from EPM Planning
Financials to Budgetary Control. See Configuring Single Sign-On in
Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators
If you don't enable single sign-on, planners must be logged in to Budgetary Control for drill through to work.
Planners start the planning and forecasting cycle. After planning and forecasting is complete, push the budget data to Budgetary Control using Data Management. See Writing Back EPM Cloud Budget Balances to the Budgetary Control Process Description in Administering Data Management for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud .
This becomes your original budget.
A new Budgetary Control control budget with Source Budget Type of EPM Financials module (not Hyperion Planning) is needed for this integration with EPM. Make sure to use the same control budget type in Budgetary Control for your original budget and your budget revisions.
Note:Planners must set user variables before starting the planning and forecasting cycle. In addition, the Date Format for Display must be set to yyyy-MM-dd. For more information on setting user preferences, see Setting User Variables.
- After planning and forecasting is complete and the budget is pushed to Budgetary Control, run the Prepare for Revisions rule to copy data to an adopted budget in EPM Planning
Financials. See Financials Rules for Budget Revisions.
Run this rule only once before beginning revisions for the current year.
This rule copies data from the original budget using the scenario and version you select, typically Plan scenario (OEP_Plan) and Working version OEP_Working) to Adopted Budget scenario (OEP_Adopted Budget) and to Original version (OEP_Original) and Working version (OEP_Working) for the periods and years you select.
Running this rule also enables drill through from EPM Planning Financials to a control budget in Budgetary Control.
If the Connections URL changes, or if you change parameters to add a new control budget, rerun Prepare for Revisions to update the drill regions.
Tip:For the Manage Revisions form, planners might see more members in the form than they need to revise. You can create valid intersections to limit the form display.