Remove a DIMM
This is a cold-service procedure that can be performed by a customer.
Caution - Do not leave DIMM slots empty. You must install filler panels in all
empty DIMM slots.
- Consider your first steps:
- Swing the air duct up and forward to the fully open position.
- Push down on the ejector tabs on each side of the DIMM until
the DIMM is released.
See panel 3 in the preceding figure.
Caution - DIMMs and heat sinks on the motherboard can be hot.
- Grasp the top corners of the faulty DIMM and lift it out of
- Place the DIMM on an antistatic mat.
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 for any other DIMMs you intend to remove.
- If you do not plan to install replacement DIMMs at this time, install
filler panels in the empty slots.