Install the Fan Power Board
Note - This is a cold service procedure that must be performed by qualified service
personnel. See Cold Service, Replaceable by Customer for more information about this category of service procedures.
Caution - The server must be fully shut down and the power cords disconnected.
Caution - This procedure involves handling circuit boards that are extremely sensitive to static electricity. Ensure
that you follow ESD preventative practices to avoid damaging the circuit boards.
Caution - Components inside the chassis might be hot. Use caution when servicing components inside
- Clear all cables out of the fan module compartment.
These include the SAS and SATA cables that come in from the motherboard
compartment and the power and signal cables that are connected to the connector
- Lower the fan power board assembly into the fan compartment and slide it
toward the rear of the server.
Keep the access door open during this step so the way is
clear for laying the SAS and SATA data cables back across the fan
power board's cable gutter.
- Tighten the two captive screws to secure the board to the chassis, as
shown in panel 1.
- Connect the power and data cables that come from the connector board, as
shown in panel 2.
- Connect the SAS and SATA data cables to their respective connectors on the
disk backplane, as shown in panel 2.
- Close the fan power board access door, as shown in panel 3.
- Install the fan modules as shown in panel 4.
- Install the top cover.
- Return the server to the rack.
See Reinstall the Server in the Rack.
- Slide the server into the rack.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Connect the power cords.
See Reconnect the Power Cords.
- Power on the system.
See Power On the Server (start /SYS Command) or Power On the Server (Power Button).