Install a DIMM
This is a cold-service procedure that can be performed by customers.
- Consider your first steps:
- Swing the air duct up and forward to the fully open position.
- Unpack the replacement DIMMs and place them on an antistatic mat.
- Ensure that the ejector tabs on the connector that will receive the DIMM
are in the open position.
Figure 44 Installing DIMMs
- Align the DIMM notch with the key in the connector.
Caution - Ensure that the orientation is correct. The DIMM might be damaged if the
orientation is reversed.
- Push the DIMM into the connector until the ejector tabs lock the DIMM
If the DIMM does not easily seat into the connector, check the DIMM's
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6 until all new DIMMs are installed.
Caution - Do not leave DIMM slots empty. You must install filler panels in all
empty DIMM slots.
- Return the air duct to the closed position.
- Finish the installation procedure: