Remove a Power Supply
Note - This may be a hot service procedure that can be performed by customers
while the server is running. See Hot Service, Replaceable by Customer for more information about hot service procedures.
- Identify which power supply (0 or 1) requires replacement.
See Locate a Faulty Power Supply.
- Determine if you can hot-swap the power supply:
- If there are two power supplies, you can hot-swap the faulty power supply
without shutting down the server. Go to Step 4.
- If there in only one power supply, you must shut down the server
before replacing the power supply. Go to Step 3
- Shut down the Oracle Solaris OS.
See Power Off the Server (SP Command)
- Disconnect the power cord from the faulty power supply.
- Grasp the power supply handle, press the release latch and pull the power
supply out of the server.