Searching and viewing contact records
Each contact in Eloqua has a record providing their personal details and information on their preferences and activities. Eloqua allows you to search for contacts and view their information in the Contacts section of the application.
To search for and view a contact record:
- Navigate to Audience , then click Contacts.
- In the Search bar in the upper-right corner, type a string of letters or numbers corresponding with one of the following field values for the contact:
- Last Name
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Email Address Domain
Note: This search is not case-sensitive.
- Select a contact from the search results. Then, do one of the following:
- Double-click the contact.
- Right-click the contact, then select Open.
The Edit Contact configuration window opens with the Summary tab selected.
This window has a number of different tabs that can provide you with information about the contact. The following is a description of the information provided in each of these tabs:
- Summary: This tab includes static information, namely the contact's recent activity, whether they have subscribed globally to emails from your company, the validity of their email address, their physical address and sales information (if applicable).
- Field Details: This tab provides the contact's personal information. You can change the view option if needed by choosing from the drop-down list in the upper left-hand corner of the tab, each view shows specific information fields.
Note: Views can be created and edited by an Administrator in the Views tab by navigating to Settings > Setup > Fields & Views). Learn more about
creating contact views.
- Preferences: This tab shows the contact's email preferences, the contact's email subscription settings, the status on the email address entered for the contact, and the format in which the contact receives emails (Rich HTML or Text Only).
- Campaigns: This tab shows the campaigns in which this contact has been included and displays detailed information on the contact's campaign activity. It can be narrowed down to a particular time frame using the calendar drop-downs.
- Activity Log: This tab shows the activity history for this contact, it displays detailed information on the contact's email activity, and can be narrowed down to a particular time frame using the calendar drop-downs.
Warning: The Campaign Entry and Campaign Membership reports in the Activity Log on the contact record are currently not available for clients with more than 4000 campaigns. An error message is displayed when accessing these reports.
- Scoring: This tab shows lead scoring information for this contact. Learn more about
- Linked Records: This tab shows linked custom objects and custom object records for this contact. Learn more about Learn more about
Note: Contact activity can also be viewed in a graphical format using Eloqua Profiler. To view the contact record in Profiler, right-click the contact on the Contact Overview page and select Launch in Profiler, or with the contact record open to the summary tab, click Launch in Profiler, the contact record opens in Profiler. Learn more about Profiler.
- When you are finished viewing the record, click Cancel to close the window.