If customer names do not appear on the Automated Cash Application page, it can be because the customer records to which NetSuite can apply payments are inactive. To generate payments, you must first activate one or more of these customer records.
The system applies generated payments to customer records that share the same currency and (if applicable) subsidiary as the account selected on the Automated Cash Application page.
To activate a customer record:
Go to Lists > Relationships > Customers (Administrator), and then check the Show Inactives box.
NetSuite displays all inactive customer records.
Click Edit next to the customer record you want to activate.
The customer record opens.Tip:
Look for records that share the same currency and (if applicable) subsidiary as your account. You can check the Primary Currency field in the Financial subtab. The subsidiary of the customer, if applicable, is populated in the following places:
Primary Subsidiary field, in the Classification section.
Primary Subsidiary column, on the Customers page.
Click the System Information subtab and clear the Inactive box.
Click Save to save your changes.
You should now be able to generate payments for this customer. See .
- Setting Accounting Preferences
- Generating Customer Payments
- Filtering Imported Bank Lines
- Adding or Changing a Customer
- Customer Match Criteria
- Customer Mapping Rules for Automated Cash Application
- Reviewing Invoices for an Imported Bank Line
- Viewing Open Invoices for a Customer
- Including or Excluding Invoices from Payment Application
- Checking the Process Status for Generated Payments